- Home Sewing Machines
- Embroidery Machines
- Sewing & Embroidery Machines
- Coverstitch Machines
- Overlock / Serger Machines
- Quilting Machines
Industrial Sewing Machines
- Semi-Industrial Machines
- Industrial Single Needle Machines
- Industrial Multi-Needles Machines
- Industrial Overlock/ Serger Machines
- Industrial Zig-Zag Machines
- Industrial Lockstitch Machines
- Industrial Buttonhole Machines
- Industrial Button Attach Machines
- Industrial Pattern Setter Machines
- Industrial Quilting Machine
- Industrial Post-bed Bottom Feed Machines
Free Delivery in Singapore on S$250
FREE 365 Days
Machine Operation Training in-House
Only The Best
Service & Warranty
Ruffler Foot Niiken (Made in Japan)
Makes ruffles with evenly spaced tucks and gathers
Suitable for most of the sewing machines.
How it works:
When the ruffling blade on the upper portion of the presser foot is moved forward, its teeth catch the fabric and force it forward into gathers or tucks. The interval of tucks can be adjusted.
- The Difference Between a Gathering / Shirring Foot and a Ruffler Foot:
- What use to be a tedious and often frustrating technique of manually gathering and pleating fabric can now be achieved effortlessly with either a Gathering foot or a Ruffler foot. Both are great accessories to make your sewing life a little easier and faster. There are, however, a few differences between the two. The fabric is gathered differently with a Ruffler than with a Gathering foot and the end result looks slightly different. The way I see it, the Gathering Foot is great for normal, generic gathers, whereas the Ruffler Foot is more customisable and more versatile.
- Shirring / Gathering with a Ruffler Foot:
- Set feed selector to 1 pleat per stitch.
- Reduce pleat depth to about 2-3mm, depending on fabric type.
- Set stitch length '4'
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question.