- Home Sewing Machines
- Embroidery Machines
- Sewing & Embroidery Machines
- Embroidery & Quilting Softwares
- Coverstitch Machines
- Overlock / Serger Machines
- Quilting Machines
Industrial Sewing Machines
- Semi-Industrial Machines
- Industrial Single Needle Machines
- Industrial Multi-Needles Machines
- Industrial Overlock/ Serger Machines
- Industrial Zig-Zag Machines
- Industrial Lockstitch Machines
- Industrial Buttonhole Machines
- Industrial Button Attach Machines
- Industrial Pattern Setter Machines
- Industrial Quilting Machine
- Industrial Post-bed Bottom Feed Machines
- Bag Closing / Closer Machine
Free Delivery In Singapore with S$40 purchase
Machine & Technical Expert
Free 365 Days
Apps Tutorial + Machine Operation Training in-House Under Ban Soon Care
In House & Credit Card Installment Plan
Only The Best
Repair & Service & Warranty
Ruffler Foot Niiken (Made in Japan)
Makes ruffles with evenly spaced tucks and gathers easily. Premium quality!
Suitable for all domestic sewing machines; Brother, Singer, Juki, Janome low shank models, Bernette, Toyota, Sakura, etc.
Free Demo in house 1 to 1 at Clementi. Click for location map: www.Sewing.sg/map
How it works:
When the ruffling blade on the upper portion of the presser foot is moved forward, its teeth catch the fabric and force it forward into gathers or tucks. The interval of tucks can be adjusted.
- The Difference Between a Gathering / Shirring Foot and a Ruffler Foot:
- What use to be a tedious and often frustrating technique of manually gathering and pleating fabric can now be achieved effortlessly with either a Gathering foot or a Ruffler foot. Both are great accessories to make your sewing life a little easier and faster. There are, however, a few differences between the two. The fabric is gathered differently with a Ruffler than with a Gathering foot and the end result looks slightly different. The way I see it, the Gathering Foot is great for normal, generic gathers, whereas the Ruffler Foot is more customisable and more versatile.
- Shirring / Gathering with a Ruffler Foot:
- Set feed selector to 1 pleat per stitch.
- Reduce pleat depth to about 2-3mm, depending on fabric type.
- Set stitch length '4'
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question.