- Home Sewing Machines
- Embroidery Machines
- Sewing & Embroidery Machines
- Coverstitch Machines
- Overlock / Serger Machines
- Quilting Machines
Industrial Sewing Machines
- Semi-Industrial Machines
- Industrial Single Needle Machines
- Industrial Multi-Needles Machines
- Industrial Overlock/ Serger Machines
- Industrial Zig-Zag Machines
- Industrial Lockstitch Machines
- Industrial Buttonhole Machines
- Industrial Button Attach Machines
- Industrial Pattern Setter Machines
- Industrial Quilting Machine
- Industrial Post-bed Bottom Feed Machines
Free Delivery In Singapore with S$40 purchase
Machine & Technical Expert
Free 365 Days
Apps Tutorial + Machine Operation Training in-House Under Ban Soon Care
In House & Credit Card Installment Plan
Only The Best
Repair & Service & Warranty
Janome Binder Foot 9mm Stitch Width Machines
Part No. 202099008
- For 9mm max. stitch width machines.
- The binder foot is used to apply pre-folded bias binding tape or bias tape you have cut yourself to the edge of fabric in one easy step. It is equipped with a small funnel to fold and guide the binding over the fabric edge before it reaches the needle and can be used with either zigzag or decorative stitches as well as straight stitch.
- Part No. : 202099008
- Machine Settings:
- Stitch: straight stitch (centre needle position)
- This accessory works with the following models:
- Horizon Memory Craft 12000
- Horizon Memory Craft 15000
- Horizon Memory Craft 8200QCP Special Edition
- Horizon Memory Craft 8900QCP Special Edition
- Horizon Memory Craft 9400QCP
- Horizon Memory Craft 9450QCP
- Memory Craft 6700P
- Memory Craft 9900
- Skyline S5
- Skyline S7
- Skyline S9
Installation & Usage of Binder Foot
The binding around the edge of your quilt is what gives it that final, professional finish. But stitching down a strip of bias tape while it encloses all those bulky layers can seem like a daunting task.
Here's where you want to use the Quilt Binder Set. There's a model for the MC12000 and one that fits most other Memory Craft machines.
The cone on the front of the fabric holder neatly feeds and folds your bias tape for a half inch finished binding.
How To Use The Quilt Binder Set
- Begin by basting your quilt edges to prepare the quilt sandwich for binding.
- Remove the bobbin case cover.
- Attach the binder plate to the bed of the machine.
- Attach the foot to the machine and choose a straight stitch.
- Mount the feeding attachment to the base. You can do basic adjustment of where the needle drops on the attachment. For fine tuning, adjust the actual needle drop position on your machine.
- Cut the end of your binding at a 45˚ angle. This helps in feeding the binding through the folding mechanism.
- Load it into the feeding mechanism with the wrong side of the fabric facing you. Tweezers can be helpful.
- Bring the binding out the front of the foot, then turn it at a 90˚ angle behind the foot. Once you fold the fabric back, you'll see the folding mechanism has created the perfect fold for a one-step binding.
- Starting on the middle of one side, insert your quilt sandwich into the middle of the binding. Make sure the binding is enveloping the side.
- Begin sewing slowly. After a few stitches, you can make final adjustments to the needle drop position.
- When you come to a corner, take one stitch beyond the quilt.
- Lift up the foot. Pull the quilt directly to the back of the machine, finger pressing the binding as you pull it out.
- Create a miter fold by opening the binding and bringing it forward at a 45˚ angle, and checking the back.
- Make sure you leave long thread tails.
- Use a quilt clip or hemostat to secure the mitered corner as you insert the quilt back into the binder.
- Starting right at the corner, with the needle dropping directly in the corner, stitch down the next side of the quilt.
- Repeat the mitering process for the next three corners.
- Finally, join the two ends of the binding as desired. And you've bound your quilt.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question.