Janome Skyline S5 - High-end Sewing Machine
: Sewing Machine
Price $2,196.00 $2,440.00YOU SAVE 10%
Janome Skyline S5 - High-end Sewing Machine
- A modern sensibility meets the comforts of convenience. The Skyline S5 includes the features to take your sewing to a new level. A spacious bed provides room for larger quilting and home
decprojects while its easy convenience features like Automatic Thread Cutter and Memorized Needle Up/Down will save you time and make your sewing easier. This computerized machine has topof the line features at a mid-level price. Take your sewing to new heights with the Skyline S5.
Janome Trusted Quality
- Janome machines are known for their superior stitch quality and sturdy and durable machine construction. For generations,
sewistshave relied on the Janome brand, with confidence that their machine can handle any task, from trudging through thick layers, to easily stitching delicate fabrics.
- No matter your sewing style or ability level, the Skyline S5 offers the power and intuitive design to expand your expertise. Beginners can take advantage of the ease of use, like the Easy Set Bobbin and Speed Control Slider. More advanced
sewistswill enjoy Janome signature features like the One Step Needle Plate Converter and the Superior Feed System (SFS+) as well as the precision of 91 needle positions and 9mm stitches.
Features & Benefits
The Skyline S5 has many features packed away inside.
- 170 Built in Stitches with 10 One-Step Buttonholes
- Superior Plus Feed System (SFS+)
- 9mm Stitch Width
- 6 Ultra-Bright LED Lights in 3 Locations
Features and Benefits of the Skyline S5
170 Built-in Stitches
- 170 built-in stitches including 10 buttonholes gives you the perfect range of stitches for any task. Special buttonhole settings allow fine adjustments for precise detail.
91 Needle Positions
- The Skyline S5 offers an unbelievable 91 needle positions. This allows for more detail
in decorative stitches,and incredible fine adjustments in all stitch creation. And with 9mm stitch width, this sort of bold detail can be easily appreciated.
- You can create 9mm wide stitches on your Skyline S5. The extra width makes all of your decorative stitches bolder, brighter, and more distinct. Wider, more distinct stitches allow you to fill more area with stitching, quicker - saving you valuable time while sewing.
6 Ultra Bright LED Lights
birghtLED lights in three locations illuminate the bed of the machine, providing a dazzling work area. Be able to vivdlysee your projects and with the extra light, seeing smaller areas is easier.
- Auto Tension System - When "A" is selected on the tension dial, the machine adjusts the tension based on fabric thickness. Especially useful when switching between fabric layers and types. Allows user to create perfect stitch consistency on a wide range of materials. The user can set his/her own tension traditionally by selecting from the numbers on the tension dial.
Stitch Selection Type
- The Backlit Digital LCD Screen shows a range of data for stitches and the feet selection. This very helpful sewing information is displayed in crisp, clear characters with a backlit option to help with visibility. Easy navigation keys are located near the screen and allow the user to easily select a stitch choice and for customization.
Easy Convenience Features
Advanced Start / Stop Button
- The start/stop button allows the machine to sew without using the foot pedal. This feature is great for sewing long seams, or for quick mending. This button also allows for speed control. At the start of your seam, simply press and hold to slowly accelerate to your set speed. At the end, press and hold to slow down, and release the button to stop sewing. This new Janome exclusive feature allows great control at the start and end of seams.
Automatic Thread Cutter
Threadis cut atthe push of a button. No reaching for scissors, or wrapping thin threads around back to a blade. The innovative thread cutter leaves short thread tails, which saves the most amount of thread possible when cutting.
Easy Reverse Button
- The Reverse button allows you to easily backstitch for locking seams. With the tip of your finger, this conveniently located button can also be used to stop a stitch pattern before its completion.
- The locking stitch button ties off the end of the thread. No need to backstitch to lock a seam. This is ideal for securing seams on delicate fabrics, or when using decorative stitches.
Memorized Needle Up/Down
- Push the button to set the needle to stop in the up or down position. Set the needle in the down position for easy pivoting on corners and for seamless free motion embroidery. Set the needle
tothe up position for easy fabric removal.
One Step™ Plate Converter
- Using the right tools at the right time is important in sewing. When using lightweight fabrics, or piecing quilts, a straight stitch needle plate makes all the difference. Our One Step™ Plate Converter allows you to easily switch and use the perfect plate for your project. Simply press a button to release one plate to be swapped for another. It only takes seconds, and no screwdriver or external tools are required for the process
.To view more information about the One Step™ Plate Converter, click the link below.
Ergonomic Knee Lift
- The ergonomic knee lift is a lever that extends downward from the machine, so that the user can control the presser foot with their knee. This is very helpful when sewing a project that requires you to keep both hands on the fabric at all times. Your hands don't have to move to raise or lower the presser foot! Also, the Ergonomic Knee Lift is useful for quilting and appliqué when fabric needs to be frequently maneuvered. The lift is adjustable so the user can place it in the most comfortable position.
Superior Plus Feed System (SFS+)
- The Superior Plus Feed System features a unique 7-piece feed dog system that stays parallel as it moves up and down. This maintains constant contact with the fabric your sewing. This "flat
feed" technology provides better control, whether you're sewing forwards, or backwards.
Easy Set Bobbin Case & Cover
- The specially designed bobbin case and cover means there is no need to pull long
threadstails up and through when you thread your machine. Slip the bobbin thread inthe cover plate guide and the built in cutting blades trim the tail to the correct length for a super-clean start toyour stitching line. After the initial threading, the auto-thread cutter takes care of trimming and re-setting the tails each time.
Speed Control Slider
- Set the speed for comfortable sewing the speed control slider. This slider allows you to set the top and low end speeds of the machine. Set to slower speeds for intricate work, and high speeds for long straight seams. This is a popular feature amongst beginners. Never sew faster than what you are comfortable with. This minimizes risk of user error and injury. The Skyline S5 features a 1000 stitches per minute max sewing speed and 60 stitches per minute minimum.
Bobbin Winder Plate With Cutter
- The new bobbin winder plate has five cutting blades. With faster and smoother winding and easy thread cutting, your bobbin is ready to go.
Skyline S5 Full Specification List
- 170 Built-In Stitches
- 10 One-Step Buttonholes
- 4 Built-In Alphabets
- Top Loading Full Rotary Hook Bobbin
- Superior Plus Feed System (SFS+)
- Automatic Thread Tension
- One-Hand Needle Threader
- Snap On Presser Feet
- Easy Set Bobbin
- Bobbin Winding Plate with Cutter
- Memorized Needle Up/Down
- One Step Needle Plate Conversion
- 7 Piece Feed Dog
- Free Arm
- Drop Feed
- Start/Stop Button
- Speed Control Slider
- Locking Stitch Button
- Automatic Thread Cutter
- Easy Reverse Button
- Adjustable Knee Lift
- Extra High Presser Foot Lift
- Auto Declutch Bobbin Winder
- Backlit LCD Screen
- Foot pressure Adjustment
- 6 LED Lights in 3 Convenient Locations
- Maximum Stitch Width: 9mm
- Maximum Stitch Length: 5mm
- Maximum Sewing Speed: 1,000 SPM
- Work Space Area Size: 8.25" x 4.7"
- Semi-Hard cover Included
- 11 Standard Feet and Accessories Included
- Optional Accessory Kits - Coming Soon.
PROMOTION : Interest Free Installment Plan with UOB, Maybank and Dinersclub
Interest-Free Promotion for Babylock, Bernina, Singer, Brother, Juki Sewing Machine with Instalment Plan from UOB, Diners Club or Maybank Credit Card.
- Selected Models of Babylock, Bernina, Singer, Brother & Juki
- Valid for 6/12/18/24-months Instalment Plan
- Valid for Trade-in of Machine!
- Limited for Machine with Value more than S$500
E.g. INTEREST FREE FOR 24 MONTHS!
- Babylock Imagine S$1,899 or from $79/month
- Babylock Enlighten S$2,288 or from $95/month
- Babylock Evolution S$2,999 or from $125/month
- Babylock Ovation S$3888 or from $162/month
Visit www.sewing.sg or call 6776 3253 to find out more!
Promotion valid till : 31 Jan 2017
Alternatively, we accept NETS, CASH or CHEQUE Payment too!
- Standard Delivery : 3-5 Working Days
- Festival Season Delivery : 7- 14 Working Days
- Pick Up within Store : 431, Clementi Ave 3 #01-328 Singapore 120431
- Per Order Advice except for Babylock.